Placement assessments are important. We typically provide these assessments in a secure testing environment on our campus. Given the pandemic this year, in-person assessment is not possible. We request that you complete the assessments honestly so that the results accurately represent your work for appropriate placement purposes. An inaccurate assessment will place you in an inappropriate class level which will negatively impact your performance and academic progress. We strongly encourage your best effort in these assessments.
- Duolingo/IELTS/TOEFL scores
- If you already have them, please direct the testing centres to send your score to CIC.
- If you do not have any scores, you must write the CIC English assessment.
Click here to view the English Assessment and Placement Chart
Try the sample SLEP Test
*Students should note that the above is a sample English/ESL diagnostic test and it should be used as a practice tool. Please DO NOT submit answers for marking.
- All students must write the CIC Math assessment.
- No dictionary or calculator is allowed during the test
- Topics to be tested include: BEDMAS Rule, Factoring Polynomials, Solving Equations, Graphing Functions, Simplifying Algebraic Expressions, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Logarithms and Sequences & Series.
Try the Sample Mathematics Diagnostic Test
*Students should note that the above is a sample test and it should be used as a practice tool. Please DO NOT submit answers for marking.
- Guidance Counsellors determine who will be required to write the Science Placement assessment.
For more information about assessment, please check your Orientation and Registration email from CIC.