English for Academic Preparation Progression
- Original IELTS/TOEFL iBT/Duolingo test score must be provided at the time of registration.
- Only official results are accepted. Projected results are not recognized.
- The equivalency table is based on the best practices in North America as well research done by Academic English department at CIC.
- Students arriving at CIC with an IELTS/TOEFL iBT/Duolingo English proficiency score will be exempt from writing CIC’s English placement test.
- Placement is also determined by the original transcripts provided at the time of registration.
- Students who wrote an English proficiency test more than 6 months ago may request to write CIC’s English placement test upon arrival at CIC (before registration) in order to update their English proficiency for course placement.