Flying to Canada Checklist
As an international student, to be able to enter Canada, you are required to follow these requirements as specified by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
The Government of Canada has announced that it will be removing the vaccine requirement for all travellers and making the ArriveCan app optional, as of October 1, 2022.
Effective October 1, 2022, all travellers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:
- submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
- provide proof of vaccination;
- undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
- carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation;
- monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.
Documents to Bring
Before Arrival into Canada:
All arriving CIC students should login to ezReport card (under the Forms section), and:
Complete and submit Arrival to CIC Residence Form
- Request airport transportation service if required. Available on Arrival to CIC Residence Form.
Have the following travel documents:
- CIC Letter of Acceptance
- IRCC letter (Study Permit Approval Document)
- Print and present Study Permit Approval letter to the border officer when you enter Canada. The border officer will then issue your study permit (a piece of paper).
- Make sure that your medical exam has not expired: Your medical exam results are good for 12 months only. If you don’t come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker within that time, you may need to do another exam.
Last updated on November 28, 2022