Flying to Canada Checklist
Documents to Bring
Before you travel to Canada, you’ll need to make sure you have the right documents to enter the country.
Before Arrival into Canada:
All arriving CIC students should login to ezReport card (under the Forms section), and:
Complete and submit Arrival to CIC Residence Form
- Request airport transportation service if required. Available on Arrival to CIC Residence Form.
Have the following travel documents:
- CIC Letter of Acceptance
- IRCC letter (Study Permit Approval Document)
- Print and present Study Permit Approval letter to the border officer when you enter Canada. The border officer will then issue your study permit (a piece of paper).
- Make sure that your medical exam has not expired: Your medical exam results are good for 12 months only. If you don’t come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker within that time, you may need to do another exam.
- Visa or eTA (if applicable)
Depending on your country of citizenship, you will need a valid Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) — US citizens are exempt.
Last updated on December 19, 2023